Spicy low-fat chilli
- 450g lean minced beef
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion (160g)
- 1 tin (180g drained) red kidney beans
- 1 red chilli, 1 green chilli
- Red pepper (80g)
- Green pepper (80g)
- Packet of chilli seasoning powder
- Chop the chillis finely. Dice the onion and pepers.
- Spray a large saucepan or wok with oil. Fry the chillis, onion and peppers until softened.
- Add the mince and continue cooking until all pink colour is gone.
- Drain the kidney beans and add, along with the chopped tomatoes.
- Keep the heat medium-high and continue cooking until some of the liquid has bubbled away.
- Add the chilli powder.
- Serve with rice or a baked potato and salad. Extra portions can be frozen (divide into separate freezer bags so you can defrost them individually).
With baked potato (medium, 250g uncooked weight):
With rice (60g dried weight, boiled):