Pasta carbonara (low-fat version)
(Makes 2 servings.)
- Light cream cheese, eg. Philadelphia (75g)
- Semi-skimmed milk (100ml)
- Turkey ham (100g)
- Onion (180g)
- Mushrooms (250g)
- Olive oil (1 tsp, 5ml)
- Conchiglie – pasta shells (160g dry weight)
- Put the conchigle on to boil (cook according to packet instructions – usually takes ten minutes).
- Dice the onion and lightly fry in the olive oil until softened.
- Chop the mushrooms and add to the onion, frying until starting to brown.
- Turn the heat down to low, and add the cream cheese and milk to the pan, stirring well.
- Chop the ham into small pieces and add to the sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add to the sauce, mixing together thoroughly.