Pasta with tomato, turkey rasher & veg sauce
- Fusilli pasta, wholewheat (60g dried weight)
- Chopped tomatoes (small tin – 200g)
- Tomato puree (15g)
- Turkey rashers (3 rashers – 75g)
- Onion (80g)
- Mushrooms (80g)
- Courgette (80g)
- Mixed herbs, Worcester sauce, and black pepper, to taste
- Put the pasta on to boil, according to packet instructions (usually takes about 13 minutes.)
- Chop the turkey rashers into small pieces and fry, using a little spray-oil in a non-stick frying pan, over a medium-high heat.
- Chop the onions, courgette and mushrooms into chunks
- Once the turkey rashers are cooked, turn down the heat and add the vegetables and cook for another five minutes or until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Add a sprinkling of mixed herbs and black pepper, and a dash of Worcester sauce, to taste.
- Drain the pasta, and serve.