(Makes 3 servings.)
- Three good-quality pork sausages
- One red pepper
- One green pepper
- Mushrooms (250g)
- Onion (180g)
- Celery (80g)
- Chopped tomatoes with olives (390g)
- Chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano (390g)
- Olive oil (1 tbsp, 15ml)
- Core the red and green peppers, wash, and chop into roughly one inch square chunks.
- Place pepers in ovenproof dish, along with sausages, and put into an oven pre-heated to 190 C/gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes.
- Dice the onion, chop the mushrooms and celery.
- Fry onion in olive oil for 1-2 mins. Add mixed herbs and/or ground pepper to taste.
- Add celery for 1-2 mins (until it softens).
- Add mushrooms, until they start to brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Take sausages and peppers from oven, chopping sausages into chunks (three chunks per sausage works well). Add to the sauce, and simmer.
This tastes great accompanied by:
- New potatoes (130 cals / 0.5g fat for 175g serving) or
- Wholemeal rolls (110 cals / 2.5g fat for a small roll.)