- Low-fat mince (eg. Sainsbury’s BGTY) – (1/3rd of 445g pack – 145g)
- Mushrooms – (1/3rd pack – 80g)
- Onions – (1/3rd onion – 60g)
- Chopped tomatoes, (1/3rd can – 130g)
- Tomato puree (1 tablespoon)
- Spaghetti, wholewheat (70g dried weight)
- Small clove of garlic
Note: as you can see from the weights, it’s easy to triple this recipe and freeze two portions of it. You can also substitute fusilli for the spaghetti (as in the photo!)
- Spray a large saucepan or wok with a little oil.
- Dice the garlic and onion finely and fry over a medium heat for a few minutes. Chop the mushrooms roughly and add. Continue frying for a few more minutes.
- Add the mince, and fry until all the pink is gone.
- Meanwhile, put the spaghetti in a pan of salted boiling water.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree to the mince. Continue cooking until most of the liquid has bubbled away.
- Drain the spaghetti, top with the bolognaise, and enjoy!