Review of Secrets of Lasting Weight Loss Revealed
This isn’t the sort of ebook I’d normally pick up. I’ve read a few dieting books in my time, and I’m used to faddy methods, fluff and celebrity names splashed all over the place. In the online world, anything promising Secrets of Lasting Weight Loss Revealed instantly sets my scam-alarm off.
But Kat Eden is a friend, and a health, fitness and diet writer who I’ve known for a while. She’s been a personal trainer for the past decade, and really knows her stuff. When she sent me this ebook, I was blown away by how much she’s packed in – there’s several hours solid reading here, and lots to think about. There are also no fad diets, weird supplements or celeb-endorsed products in sight.
Secrets of Lasting Weight Loss Revealed is a 246 page ebook by Kat Eden. It has plenty of advice on nutrition, but also covers lifestyle topics like stress, sleep, habits and motivation.
$37 normally – but check the sales page for a $10 discount code (only for a limited time)
This is a seriously in-depth ebook, with:
- A health questionnaire which you can fill out to get a good picture of your current health and pinpoint the key areas to work on
Eight key chapters:
- Food and Diet: Lots of information on carbs, protein, fats, sugar, and water, and the role which they all play in your weight loss (or weight gain).
- Stress and Energy: Explaining types of stress and how they affect your weight.
- Sleep: The best hours to sleep, why sleep is so important to successfully losing weight.
- Digestion, Stomach Upsets and Bloating: Factors affecting your digestion, lots of tips.
- Motivation and Self Belief: Goals, vision and getting your head in the right place for weight loss.
- Patterns of Behaviour: Tackling good and bad eating habits.
- Lifestyle and Other Factors: Covering everything from period pain to television to meditation.
- A food diary template which you can print and fill in each day
- A list of resources
There’s a huge amount of value in this ebook, but I’ll bring out a couple of points in particular:
This ebook took Kat a couple of years to write. Having read it, I can see why! It’s the longest ebook I’ve ever bought, and it covers a wide range of topics in detail. I was expecting the book to mostly be tips about what to eat – but Kat (rightly) goes into all the other aspects which make or break a weight loss journey, like lifestyle, habits and motivation.
You can really feel Kat’s expertise and experience while reading: she brings up examples from her coaching clients where relevant, and cites clinical studies. She’s not afraid to question the “common knowledge” which we often think we have.
I have to admit, a 246 page ebook looks a bit daunting. Kat has a very conversational, chatty writing style, though, and takes the time to explain the more scientific or technical aspects in everyday language. This is an easy and engaging read – there’s a lot to make you think and to challenge you, but the text itself is no barrier whatsoever!
This may not be a bad point for you…!
Assumes Health/Diet/Body as a Priority
I’m simply not in a stage where I’m looking for lasting weight loss. I am trying to lose a few pounds at the moment, but I’m already at a healthy weight and broadly happy with my figure.
If you’re going to get the most out of this ebook, you need to be making your fitness and diet a real priority. Now, I’m definitely keen to stay healthy. I’m all in favour of sensible eating and exercise. But getting the perfect body is pretty far down my list of goals.
In fairness, Kat can hardly be blamed for this! 😉 I’m just not her target audience.
For $37, Secrets of Lasting Weight Loss Revealed is an impressive ebook with a ton of content to make you think – and to get you taking action. At the moment, Kat’s offering a $10 discount code (check the sales page for details), and she’s also offering a 60-day refund – plenty of time to try out her tips and see whether you get results.
Note: I’m a proud affiliate for this ebook. You can find my affiliate policy here.