Top Ten Quick Dieting Tips
I expect your 2009 is off to a busy start, like mine is: getting back to work and daily routines after Christmas and the New Year always feels like a struggle. So here’s ten of my best dieting tips for you, and if you have got a bit more time, click on the links to read more on each:
- Get organised – make sure your cupboards are stocked with what you need to eat healthily.
- If you’re not currently hitting your five-a-day target on fruit and veg, make that your priority for this January ( for some help on this).
- Keep healthy snacks at the office to avoid raiding the communal cookie jar when hunger pangs strike.
- Don’t feel obliged to join in every time cake’s being passed round the office. If you’re worried about hurting someone’s feelings, learn how to refuse a cookie safely.
- Make sure you always eat breakfast – it might not seem like a big deal, but people who eat breakfast regularly are much less likely to be overweight. Here are some great ways to make time for breakfast.
- Get some exercise every day. Try to work it into your regular routine – having an active commute or exercising in a regular before or after work slot is ideal.
- Don’t let office pressures prevent you from succeeding with your health goals. For example, make sure you take your full lunch hour.
- If you’re snacking during the day because you’re bored or stressed at work, tackle the cause.
- Instead of living on takeaways or meals out, cook for yourself. It’s not only much healthier, it’s cheaper too. Stuck for inspiration? Check out some of my recipes.
- Last but not least – don’t try to be perfect! Make good choices where possible, but don’t give up after one bad day.
If you want even more tips, these are two great resources that I’ve come across recently:
Check back on Monday for the next part of the Good Habits series. Why not get updates straight to your RSS reader, or to your inbox (pop your email address in below)? You’ll never miss a post!
(You’ll get an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and you can unsubscribe at any time.)